Configuring Glyphotext: Preferences
Glyphotext offers a lot of flexibility with many options in order to set your
The Preferences window of Glyphotext, accessible through the main menu by selecting
Options->Preferences ..., allows to adjust
these options according to your needs.
- Startup Action
- Several choices are available when Glyphotext is launched:
- Create a new document automatically
- Reopen documents which were opened the last time you worked with Glyphotext.
- Open an existing document: in this case, you can select which document(s) should be reopened.
- Show a choice of actions: Each time you start, a window offering choices of action
will pop-up, asking you to decide the course of event. It will show the last opened
documents from which to choose.
- Do nothing: in this case, Glyphotext will start without creating any new document
nor opening any recently used document(s).
- Library Options
- You have two options:
- Preloading or not the content of the Library when Glyphotext is launched :
This enables you to deactivate the loading of all the elements of the library
in memory, decreasing the application launch time, but slowing down opening
of documents, since the glyphs contained in the documents will be charged in
memory only at the time of loading.
- Save last opened glyphs category :
When activated, Glyphotext will restore the last displayed category in the Library.
- Graphic Engine
- Allows to configure the quality and performance options of the graphic engine :
- Anti-aliasing: allows to activate or desactivate anti-aliasing of the glyphs.
When anti-aliasing is desactivated, the performance (speed) related to hieroglyphic rendering
is improved, but will lose screen quality. Note that printing quality in is no way
affected by this option.
- Double-buffering: activate or desactivate the graphics engine double-buffering
mecanism. When activated, this option prevents flicker in the hieroglyph window
(flicker is visible particularly when scrolling), but on less powerful computers,
the window will become less responsive, which can become more annoying than the
flickering itself. If you prefer a more responsive hieroglyph window, turn off
- Show contours of space quadrats: When this option is active, the quadrats
which consist of empty space will be shown with a dotted contour (on-screen only,
the contour of space quadrats will never appear in printed documents).
- General Options
- Use TAB key: activating this option allows usually TAB characters to
be inseted in the LPDH window, instead of 4 character spaces when not
activated. Note that the space occupied by TAB characters can vary from
one text editor to another, making sometimes the text less readable.
If you intend to copy/paste LPDH code in any other application,
keep this option deactivated.
- Focus the active line: Show two horizontal lines, one on top and the
other below the line of code containing the caret. This helps to locate
- Show non-printable characters : when activated, this option shows a
character instead of an empty space in the LPDH code editor.
- Automatic Glyphs/LPDH selection: When the cursor is moved in the
LPDH editor, the corresponding glyph in the hieroglyph window is
- Allows to configure the options of the editor gutter (left margin). The gutter will
also be visible (or not) in the hieroglyphs window, but only in the editor windows
(this margin is not part of the documents and is never printed).
- Allows to select the font face and size in the LPDH editor.
Allows to change the color used for each LPDH syntax element.